Sunday, October 3, 2010

Loving the rain!




I mentioned the rain on my newsletter in Aug. It's rained lots this last season and continues to rain. My favorite is the rain at night, it inspires restful sleep... well at least for me. I remember it happened once after I pr.yed for it, about a month ago, so that was sweet. I love how He enjoys lavishing us with His love with the little things in life such as this simple request. Well last night I woke up to heavy pouring rain at about 3am, it was lovely to wake up and just smile knowing He knows I would love to sleep with rain as background sound. Tonight, it sounds like it's pouring again... hmmm... love it! The picture above is of my city about an hour before the pouring rain this evening.

I've said it before and will say (write) it again... rain is a sweet reminder of His powerful ability to wash our shame, guilt... all sin way. It reminds me of the Hope that does not disappoint. The refreshing power of His redeeming love. His promises... His majestic ways and much more. I love how it involves all our senses as well... you can smell the rain coming (and then also after it rains... aw, I love that smell), hear it pour, feel it's cooling/refreshing effects, we can taste it, and we can see the raindrops and its effects on His creation...

I know I can probably write more disorganized thoughts... but I think I am fine with just this. I encourage you to think of His cleansing blood that was shed for you and me that forever will wash us anew... His powerful redeeming love! Ask Him to tell you more about it in regards to your life. I know I've got lots to learn still. Thank you Je5u5 for washing us anew... You make all things new =)

No comments:

Post a Comment